Friday, May 30, 2014

Happy Birthday to YOU!

Birthdays are always something VERY exciting as a kid...and who are we kidding they can be pretty great as an adult, too! It never fails, on the first day students are looking for some sort of birthday chart, bulletin board, poster, or display with their birthday on it!

I really liked my simple idea of using a cupcake display from the teacher's store, and then adding my own flare to the wall. Students each get to take their cupcake home at the end of the year, while I can keep the rest of the display up for the following year.

Below, on the shelf, is a little blue bucket that has these great glittery/bendable sticks that can be used for crafts, put on bikes, decor, etc. that has a balloon on top [not shown in picture].

Along with the balloon treat, students get a piece of candy, and a Free Homework Pass. You can always give out other coupons, too.

As many of you know, it is extremely difficult for me to keep track of the birthdays. They are up on the wall, but since my desk is no where near this area, I don't look up at it every day. Because of that, I created a document that I keep right next to my desk that has each of my students' birthdays in order by month. This has been wonderful to keep track, and check off their name once they received their treat. In years past, I got the "Did you know it was my birthday today?" because I didn't look at the wall or the other method of birthday organization. Now, I can quickly look near my desk to put those special dates in my lesson plans/planner. There are two different versions you can choose from based on your own organization methods.


Happy {Early} Birthday to you all!





No comments:

Post a Comment